Evaluating e-bike drive systems is a lot more than comparing performance metrics, i.e. peak power or peak torque values. Numbers do matter but a lot remains hidden if the assessment is done purely based on them. To deliver an exceptional ride experience, the drive system needs to work in smooth harmony to determine how the available power is used
Read further to learn more about the thinking behind the Revonte ONE Drive System and why the ride experience it offers is like no other.
The mechanical design behind the Revonte ONE Drive System generates plenty of power even for the most challenging user-cases and conditions. Besides having a robust, time-tested and reliable mechanical construction, it was clear from the start that the raw numbers should also meet a high standard.
As the name suggests, Revonte ONE Drive System is compatible with all and every type of e-bikes, including cargo bikes which demand a lot of torque to move respectable payloads.
We would have liked to announce the performance metrics of our drive system in a similar fashion to one well-known British car manufacturer as stating simply: “Enough.”
However, the number of questions and inquiries related to this domain reaches overwhelming quantities quickly which is the reason we decided to take the unequivocal route.
Control Precedes Power
To put it shortly, raw power is important. Deficiencies in that department will show up in the form of slow acceleration and sluggish uphill performance among other things. No amount of power is useful though if it’s not controlled. A drag car can drive a straight line with considerable speed, but it turns almost useless when the first turn in the road presents itself.
E-bike and the desired ride experience demands a lot more than merely delivering the most amount of watts or horsepowers to the rear wheel. Contol in the form of timing and the amount of power delivered is of the essence here – and we tackled the challenge to perfect that.
To reach the desired assistance characteristics, the rider inputs are monitored continuously by the software among the incline, speed, and other relevant metrics. Based on the gathered data, the software calculates the right amount of assistance for every moment. It takes a considerable amount of work in the form of programming, testing and repeating this development loop more times than we care to count, but the resulting magic in the form of ride experience provided is worth it.
Our recent and test ride video provides an ample amount of examples of how the Revonte ONE Drive System ride experience is ahead of the game.
- Acceleration with a steady cadence – Using indexed manual gears requires constant changes in cadence for keeping in the optimal range for human-based power output. With the automatic function of the Revonte ONE Drive System, the whole acceleration can be done with a steady cadence, i.e. 70 or 90RPM.
- Smooth assistance – The nature of how the power is dosed from the motor to the rear wheel plays a major role in the ride experience. A quick and large burst of power gives a feeling similar to a motorbike, whereas a more mild-mannered dose of power preserves the feeling of a traditional bicycle. Either one of these and anything in between can be had because of the highly configurable nature of the drive system.
- Option to choose – It poses no problem if one wants to use a more traditional type indexed shifting. The switch from automatic to manual and back can be done easily via our App.
- Intuitive use – the human-machine interface is important but oftentimes overlooked aspect of the drive system. We took great care to make our Remote design right.
- Focus on the essentials – Revonte ONE Drive System makes riding easy so that one can focus on the things that matter the most, the surroundings and ride itself.
The recipe for ultimate ride experience constitutes of ingenious mechanical design which is further enhanced with a highly developed software. The vast amount of options for configuring the behavior and the ride characteristics built into the software which forms the core of the Revonte ONE Drive System. As our CEO Otto Chrons eloquently put it in a recent interview:
“For us, all the cool things are in the software.”
The unprecedented ride experience is a lot more than just having lots of power and transferring it quickly to propulsion. We have taken great care to design the Revonte ONE Drive System that it fills the demands of every type of e-bike in the market and perhaps even exceeds the rider expectations.